cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP - client roaming - DHCP request

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

I was thinking that by using WPA-PSK, client roaming producing a DHCP request when changing AP will not be sent by the controller to the DHCP server, which appears to be false.

Wanting to know : does CCKM (with leap) could stop this behavior, eliminating that DHCP request ? I know Radius request will not be send but what about the DHCP request ?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You shouldn't get a dhcp request when roaming from one ap to another unless your force that via the client or wlc configuration. Maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly....

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Agreed. You should not be getting a dhcp request when roaming. THe only time I've seen that happen is when the dhcp server does not support dhcp requests by proxy. In that case go to the cli and

config dhcp proxy disable

That will force the controller to show the client information in the dhcp request and not the virtual interface of the controller.

I don't think this is your problem however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card