Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 Boot Failure and ERR305 doing firmware upload

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I have a number of 7920s that have failed whilst upgrading firmware when adding to a CM6.1 system.

These now don't boot... I've obtained a USB cable and have the Config Utility. If I connect this to the handset and press * when it's booting, it allows me to login to the phone in the Utility. It then prompts me for firmware to upload as the phone is in 'Boot Code Mode', but when I click OK and browse to the firmware I get:

---------------------------

Cisco 7920 Configuration Utility

The Cisco 7920 phone needs to be rebooted

to complete the process of uploading Firmware Image.

Continue ?

OK Cancel

Then:

Error Code: ERR 305

Description: No response from phone! Connection is closed...

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 Replies 3

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Did you ever get an answer for this? I have the same thing happening

Hi

Yep - it's a bug with them where sometimes they corrupt the firmware when upgrading. Once you reach this state, they are bricked and they only fix is an RMA.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Bug ID was CSCec66348, for anyone interested... phones would need RMA is they were lower hardware revision than 74-2899-07.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: