Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing using Call Handlers

mperbix
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 5.1, Unity 5.0 Build 5.0(1)

I have a need to do a simple route based on a schedule. I have created the schedule. What I would like to do is have someone push a number option from a menu, which attempts a transfer to this call handler which is set for call transfer to an extension. If that extension does not answer or is busy, then I would like the call to bounce back to that callhandler, or to another (with the extension) and have it play a greeting based on the schedule and take the message and deliver to my subscriber.

Everything is working BUT the transfer part. If I set it to transfer to a subscriber, the transer works. But if I attempt to transfer to the call handler, it goes right to the appropriate greeting.

Do I need to use a subscriber to achieve this? Or should I be able to do this entirely with call handlers?

-Mike

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

Call handlers should work. Try This:

* CallHandler_A - Receives call from Menu, and transfers to extension.

* CallHandler_B - Receives CFNA call from extension, and based on schedule, plays appropriate greeting, takes message, and delivers to subscriber.

Because callHandler_A always does the action of transferring the call to the extension, you could:

1. Configure the menu so that when the caller presses the option which sends the call to the CallHandler_A, that the selected conversation is the 'Attempt Transfer For' conversation.

2. On CallHandler_A, Select Call Transfer, then enable the Alternate Transfer Rule (because this call handler always performs this action). Have it transfer to the extension.

Regards,

Michael.

So this is great, but the one requirement that I am looking for, is if they hit the option from the first menu, I would like the TRANSFER to happen or not happen based on the schedule. So that if they hit the menu option, it goes to Handler_a, then either get transferred to the extension, or goes right to message based on the schedule.

-Mike

Mike,

Can we assume the requirement also specifies two schedules (normal and after-hours)? If yes, then consider this configuration:

1. Configure CallHandler_C whose function will be to receives a call from CallHandler_A and transfer the call to the extension.

2. On CallHandler_A, we will apply the schedule on its profile screen.

3. On the greetings page of CallHandler_A, we will configure both the Standard and Closed greetings.

- On the Standard Greetings screen, we will set the source of the greeting to 'Blank', then set the 'After greeting' action to 'Send caller to' CallHandler_C. Set the selected conversation to the 'Attempt Transfer For' conversation.

- On the Closed Greeting screen of CallHandler_A, we could enable the greeting, then play the desired greeting, then set the 'After greeting' action to 'Send caller to' Subscriber.

4. CallHandler_D can be configured to receive CFNA calls from the extension, take a message, and deliver to subscriber.

Regards,

Michael.

I actually have it working with the original 2 handler scenerio. All I did was use use the schedule in Handler_A and tell the handler to transfer standard to ext xxxx, then transfer closed to handler_b direct to greeting.

In Handler B, I set standard greeting, then closed greeting appropraitely. I just testing by modifying my schedule and it is working. I was not using 2 handlers, only 1 thinking that it would work with only 1.

-Mike

Good to hear Mike.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: