cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Engine 506

mojalefa1
Level 1
Level 1

How do you copy the log files off a 506 content engine,I keep running the following command(transaction-logs export ftp-server *.*.*.* username password) on my content engine still not receiving the logs on my ftp server. ftp export is enabled and i keep doing "transaction-logs force archive" command. Transaction-logs were initially enabled locally.Is there a way to export all the log files?

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The transaction-logs export ftp-server option can support up to four FTP servers. To export transaction logs, you must first enable the feature and configure the FTP server parameters. The following information is required for each target FTP server:

1)Server IP address or the host name

2)The Content Engine translates the host name with a DNS lookup and then stores the IP address.

3)FTP user login and user password

4)Path of the directory where transferred files are written

5)Use a fully qualified path or a relative path for the user login. The user must have write permission to the directory.

I configured all the above and it's now archiving to the FTP server now. thanks a lot. I just upgraded my internet bandwidth to 16mbs from 4mbs,could this affect my content engine in anyway? Because since the upgrade this device is been falling over a lot. Initially this device was archiving on the local hard drive,is the a way to optimize perfomance on this device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco