cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Network Locale Belgium in CCM 4.2(3)

plbaker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of preparing a new hardware platform to replace an existing publisher with the exact same configuration. All went well, same versions and patches etc., I have backed up config on the old and restored config on the new machine and so on, except for one thing: I cannot find the network locale for Belgium anymore in the list when configuring IP phones. Despite having installed the one and only "combined" network locale installer for 4.2 found on CCO. On the currently - old - but live publisher, Belgium is indeed a valid option in the list on the ip phone config. The customer obviously expects the same config/support on his new machine. Can anyone help me re-install support for the Belgium network locale on CCM 4.2(3) ?

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phillip,

A couple of important notes in the documentation.

* You must install Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2(3) on every server in the cluster before you install the Cisco Unified CallManager Locale Installer. Ensure the locale installer is installed on every server in the cluster (install on the Publisher server before the Subscriber servers).

* You must reboot the server for the changes to take effect. After you complete all locale installation procedures, restart each server in the cluster. Updates do not occur in the system until you restart all servers in the cluster; services restart after the server reboots.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/loc_inst/4_x/loci423.html#wp28926

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

Yep, aware of that document, been there, done that, double-checked again, read the release notes, doesn't fix my problem.

The point is, when one progressively upgrades through various versions starting from about 3.3 to 4.2(3), the network locale for Belgium is available. Apparently the locale migrates along from previous versions.

For me, this is no longer an option, I am to replace that machine with a new one, on which I have installed from the beginning 4.2(3) without starting out from earlier versions.

I see all the network locales for other countries now appear after running the combined locale installer, but Belgium no longer is one of them. Not even in the list of countries supported presented by the installation wizard during installation ...

Phillip,

In the list of countries that appear in the drop down, does Austria appear twice? If so, you may be running into CSCsk70894, for which an ES is available.

Regards,

Michael.