Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to activate IP calls from Visual Basic

mcarabajalp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I could activate a Windows XP PC conventional modem using Visual Basic to make a call. Now, the company replaced conventional phones with 7941 Series Cisco IP Phone units using Ethernet fast LAN. The LAN cable is connected to the phone, and from it continues to PC board. Is there a way to make a call directly from a Visual Basic 6 user program .? Is there any API or OCX suitable for this.?

My best regards.

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

No it is not possible from Visual Basic.

WebDialer is an API interface where you can create an HTTP based method to have your IP phone dial a number. Application developers can make calls using SOAP over HTTP or HTML over HTTP to take advantage of this functionality.

It is possible from visual basic in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008. Just get the webdialer.wsdl file from the server (see the webdialer docs) and run it through wsdl.exe to generate your vb file. Then you can instantiate the webdialer objects and make calls from your app.

mcarabajalp
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your answers.!! A last doubt : Is it possible to use C sharp ?

My best regards.

Hi,

Actually you can use whatever language you want really.

You have AXL, Webdialer API and also JTAPI and TAPI interfaces available.

Plus for a very simple quick and dirty solution.. you can also send XML to the HTTP server on the phone itself, and control the phone.

You can use any language you want to interface with these.

AXL for example just requires you to generate an XML request and post it to the CallManager.

For a quick solution - and if you are not a hardcore developer.. any .NET is nice and easy as you already have HTTP web request classes available to use (and lots of other easy stuff!)

Visual Studio and WSDL file would make things easier. But be aware a lot of people run into problems with this, bugs, inconsistencies in the XML etc.

Cheers,

Tim

Hello Tim:

I understand and will take that in mind. Thanks very much. My best regards.

Roberto

to generate the stub for c# just specify that as the destination language on the wsdl command line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: