Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM High Error Rates

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I am looking to adjust the threshold for these types of alert where in DFM do I do this? I'm trying to tune down the errors we are getting for the dot2statsframetoolongrate alerts.

EVENT ID = 00003YZ

ALERT ID = 00000RX

TIME = Tue 27-May-2008 11:05:18 EDT

STATUS = Active

SEVERITY = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT = idjp1s1.corp.citistreet.org

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Switches and Hubs

EVENT DESCRIPTION = HighErrorRate::Component=PORT-idjp1s1.corp.citistreet.org/9.3 [Gi9/3] [Uplink to IDJP1S3 (3550)];ComponentClass=Port;ComponentEventCode=1051;Type=ETHERNETCSMACD;dot3StatsInternalMacReceiveErrorsRate=0.0 PPS;dot3StatsFrameTooLongsRate=1812.6888 PPS;

CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = CiscoWorks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds. Select the Gigabit port class from DFM > System Defined Groups, and increase the Error threshold.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds. Select the Gigabit port class from DFM > System Defined Groups, and increase the Error threshold.

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction I need to go to adjust the threshold, but unfortunately I have another question in regards to this particular device which is a layer 2 device this seems to be a bogus alerts because everything looks clean on the device. Is it a way to customized the alert for this particular device @ a device level other than a group level? This would be in relation to the dot2StatsFrameTooLongsRate this is an alert that has been coming in daily and we are trying to fix it but don't see any issues on the device itself.

You can customize one of the DFM customizable groups so that you match only on this device, then disable the thresholds you do not care about. However, you cannot go as granular as per-MIB object.

Thanks...that was easy however i don't see where I can disable the thresholds I do not care about.

Set the threshold value to 0.

Got it thanks so much.