Wireless design

Unanswered Question
May 27th, 2008

Good day every body:

I have an area 300m X 200m and our offices distrebuted through this area,I need to find the correct AP to cover this area if there is any AP work as a bridge and root at the same time if there is do i need to use an external antenna to do that ?

as I sow in the Cisco web site there is An AP can cover wide area in Km2 I think this AP may couse overlab with other AP of ather owners ,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Tue, 05/27/2008 - 08:18

First, you should have a site survey done to make sure the area is covereved. Is this all office area or some warehouse. You can look at either the 1131 or the 1242 with external antennas. There is no ap that can cover this by itself. In an open area, you get around 300ft with good RSSI. So depending on your envrionment, either the 1131 or 1242's should work for you. There is a 1252 that supports 'N', but I doubt if that is what you are looking for.


This Discussion



Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode