which ASA is good to me? few questions

Answered Question

I'm looking into 5505 but need some help clarifying the terms Cisco use on the specs\licensing:

X-user bundle - this is the number of LAN users (or different internal IPs) that can access the firewall?

IPsec VPN peers - this is for site-to-site only or internet connections too? if it can be used for internet VPN, how is it different from the 2 SSL VPN peers?

is it true that without the Security Plus license DMZ is disabled?

here is what I need:

50 LAN users

5 VPN connections over the internet

5 site-to-site

4 incoming connections (2 main T1s, 1 backup T1 and a Vendor VPN appliance - all connect today to a DMZ switch)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by francisco_1 about 8 years 7 months ago

for example if you purchase 10 user bundle licenses, it means that the ASA can only build xlate connection (allow connection) for only 10 ip addresses and no more.

i suggest you go for

ASA 5505 Unlimited User Software license - ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K8.

The ASA5505 will give you 150Mbps through -put, maximum 10 site-site VPN connections, and 25 remote access vpn session and i believe you get 8 integrated prts with 2 POE ethernet ports.

Francisco.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
francisco_1 Tue, 06/03/2008 - 14:34

for example if you purchase 10 user bundle licenses, it means that the ASA can only build xlate connection (allow connection) for only 10 ip addresses and no more.

i suggest you go for

ASA 5505 Unlimited User Software license - ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K8.

The ASA5505 will give you 150Mbps through -put, maximum 10 site-site VPN connections, and 25 remote access vpn session and i believe you get 8 integrated prts with 2 POE ethernet ports.

Francisco.

Actions

This Discussion