Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handlers Reports in Cisco Unity

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We use Call Handlers to transfer external incoming calls to our various departments.. This all works very well..

I would like to be able to run reports in Unity to see how much traffic these handlers get over the day.. (ie number of times option 1 get pressed, etc ).

I have noticed that there is an option within Reports - System - Call Handler Traffic..

However, I have run this and it does not generate any stats, when I know that there has been activity over the day..

Has anyone managed to get this to work sucessfully ??

Thanks for any advice in advance.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon,

Depending on what version of Unity you are running it sounds like you might be hitting this bug;

CSCeg07962 Bug Details

Headline Conversation does not log call handler exit reason properly

First Found-in Version 4.0(4)

Symptom:

Call Handler exit methods are not logged accurately in the System Call Handler

Traffic Report.

Condition:

Cisco Unity 4.0(4) and earlier when running the System > Call Handler Traffic

report from the Cisco Unity Administrator.

Workaround:

For 4.0(4), ES56 is available to fix this problem.

This problem is fixed in 4.0(5) and later.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for you reply on this..

We are currently running version 4.05.. we upgrade from 4.04 late last year..

having scanned through our call handler reports we appear to be getting stats on some days but not others.. Not sure why this is happening as we know that there is definetely activity on these days/times..

I have checked the call handler settings and there doesnt seem to be anything in there which would explain why some are generating statistics and some are not.. Strange.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: