cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PROBLEM Replication between Subscriber and Publisher!!!

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

How can I resolve the solution, that is displaying on the picture?

The problem is that Publisher DB doesn't upgrade Subscriber DB

23 Replies 23

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

UP!

which version?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alexandr,

I'm guessing this is a 4.x version of CCM, if so, here is a very good doc;

Using DBLHelper to Reestablish a Broken Cisco CallManager Cluster SQL Subscription

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

but I don't have DBHelper file on my Clusters. How can I download it? the reason is that I don't have privilege access for downloading files from cisco. Can You help me?

One question. Can be the problem between Publisher and Subscriber when each other don't see for a long period? Example: The network is down during 3-4 hours.

I want to understand all possible problems that can occur such problem in the future

if a phone is registered to a SUB and no connection to PUB is on, no changes to the DB can be made, no new phones, no auto-registration, no CFA changes, no EM login or logout, anything related to a DB change won't work if a SUB is not able to reach the PUB

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

after that a cluster reboot would be a good idea to resync the SDL layer and you may use the DBLHelper to reestablish the agreements. but if it's messed up really bad you would need to do it manually

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

1)After run DBhelper should I do anything else(maybe rerun some service etc.)?

2)Is this procedure with DBhelper safely? Because I use working cluster of CCM.

in some cases you need to restart the database layer monitor to get this to work.

the procedure is safe, though it can cause high CPU if the DBs are really not in sync and a lot of information needs to be replicated

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

the link upper is saying:

The SQL replication relies on NetBios name resolution. Make sure the c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\"lmhosts" file is populated if needed.

As I see, I have files lmhosts and hosts, but my real IP address is situated in file hosts, not lmhosts. What should I do in this case? Modify "lmhosts" file? How does file "lmhost" is linked by CCM. Where I can see this?

yes, modify the lmhosts file

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: