Views
Helpful
Replies

cat 3560 spf cascade

fsoffia
Level 1
Level 1

hallo

how many cat3560 (WS-C3560-24PS-S) can I cascade using SFP module patch cables (CAB-SFP-50CM) ?

regards

francesco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can connect cat3560 in a daisy chain using SFPs. The 3560s when they are connected using SFP, it behaves like a regular network connection, so there is no limit to the number of switches that you can cross connect together.Nevertheless, please take into consideration the network diameter for STP is set to 7 as recommended. Also the broadcast domain and the bandwidth utilization should be considered in your design. Unfortunately I cannot recommend you the maximum number, due to the nature of the design question involve and the fact that we do not know your needs and implementations on the network.

Typically you can use a Max of 16 switches in a switch cluster that you can create by connecting all the switches using the SFP interconnect cable and manage them with a single IP.

HTH,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can connect cat3560 in a daisy chain using SFPs. The 3560s when they are connected using SFP, it behaves like a regular network connection, so there is no limit to the number of switches that you can cross connect together.Nevertheless, please take into consideration the network diameter for STP is set to 7 as recommended. Also the broadcast domain and the bandwidth utilization should be considered in your design. Unfortunately I cannot recommend you the maximum number, due to the nature of the design question involve and the fact that we do not know your needs and implementations on the network.

Typically you can use a Max of 16 switches in a switch cluster that you can create by connecting all the switches using the SFP interconnect cable and manage them with a single IP.

HTH,

-amit singh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card