cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 WS-SUP720-3B cannot read sup-bootflash: after IOS downgrade

andrewdours
Level 1
Level 1

The 6500s on our network run on WS-SUP720-BASE supervisor modules with the MSFC3 daughter card. Our baseline is to run 12.2(18)SXD7b. We ordered more sup720s which came in as WS-SUP270-3Bs. After I "downgraded" the IOS to our baseline, I cannot read from the sup-bootflash. The SP ROMMON is 8.4(2) on all supervisors. The RP ROMMON is 12.2(17r)S4 on all supervisors. Thanks for any ideas.

6 Replies 6

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

The new Sup 720's have builtin compact flash adaptor on SP. To access it use the command sup-bootdisk:. The command you are using works with the Sup 720's without the Compact flash adaptors. Try that and let us know how did it go.

HTH,

-amit singh

When I do a dir ? sup-bootdisk: is not in the list. sup-bootflash: is an option. Anyway, dir sup-bootdisk: returns error % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. dir sup-bootflash: returns %Error opening sup-bootflash:/ (Bad device info block) I did notice that the IOS that was installed when we received the card (12.2(18)SXF9) had the option of sup-bootdisk: and I did notice that a dir on either would return the same file.

I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this?

Thanks

Frank

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all. Does any one solve this issue about BAD DEVICE INFO BLOCK.

Please, any suggestion.

Thanks a lot

David

I created a trouble ticket with Cisco over this one. The tech returned the following document that outlines this:

Supervisor Engine 720 Common Features

•Integrated 720-Gbps Switch Fabric

•64-MB bootflash device or CompactFlash adapter with 512 MB CompactFlash card (WS-CF-UPG=):

-64-MB bootflash device (sup-bootflash:) supported in all releases

-WS-CF-UPG= (sup-bootdisk:) supported in:

-Release 12.2(18)SXE5 and later releases

-Release 12.2(18)SXF and later releases

•2 CompactFlash Type II slots (disk0: and disk1:)

Notice that sup-bootdisk: is not supported in the release that I was trying to load and that only 64MB of my available 512 was showing up for sup-bootflash:. I upgraded to 12.2(18)SXF9 and all is well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/OL_4164.html#wp2953337

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: