cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Serial interface down, down

matt.kurtzhals
Level 1
Level 1

We are having this issue with our t1 where the router will go down and show an AIS error. THe last time a reboot fixed the issue. I think it maybe a bad WIC. I have matched the line settings on both ends, checked clock source, checked all cables, looped every interface every which way, Had telco test their end, swapped routers(same wics). I am lost. I opened a tac case also. Is is possible the loss of frames error or the ais error needs to be cleared somehow. I will attempt to reload the other router and see if that helps. Any ideas!!

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let us know if reloading both routers helps. Also wich exact IOS are you running because the WIC FW depends on that.

I have reloaded them both. One router is version 12.3<20> and the other is version 12.3<8r>T9. One router is a 2801 and the other is a 1760. Both routers have two WICs. I am going to try a powerccycle of the routers to see if that helps. Not sure if this would be any different then a reload but Ill try anything.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card