cvp reporting problem - vxml* tables are empty

Answered Question
May 27th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello all,

I have a CVP Reporting server, it's been enabled for a while. I see the 'cvp_dbadmin.call' table is full of records. But all my vxml tables (the ones that start with vxml prefix) were empty. I already have the inclusive filter setting as "*.*.*.*" with no exclusive filter. I reset the VXML Server Service after setting that. However, I still see no data on those tables.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Correct Answer by wadegong about 8 years 11 months ago

1) After configuring VXML server (set the inclusive filter etc) You need to restart both CVP VXML server and call server.

2) You need CVP VXML Studio application that enables DatafeedLogger (by default, the DatafeedLogger is enabled) deployed to VXML server for VXML event messages of that application to be captured by Reporting Server.

3) Depending on call deployment model, correct bootstrap and tcl files are deployed in Gateway. (refer to CVP Configuration and Administration Guide for details)

4) Check CVP log/error file to see if there is any error relating to VXML event messages.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
wadegong Tue, 05/27/2008 - 18:50
User Badges:

1) After configuring VXML server (set the inclusive filter etc) You need to restart both CVP VXML server and call server.

2) You need CVP VXML Studio application that enables DatafeedLogger (by default, the DatafeedLogger is enabled) deployed to VXML server for VXML event messages of that application to be captured by Reporting Server.

3) Depending on call deployment model, correct bootstrap and tcl files are deployed in Gateway. (refer to CVP Configuration and Administration Guide for details)

4) Check CVP log/error file to see if there is any error relating to VXML event messages.

Bozzy2008 Tue, 05/27/2008 - 19:15
User Badges:

Thank you,

1 --> I just did, I didnt restarted Call Server Service before. Now all of them restarted after the inclusive filters

2 --> I didnt know that, I just added it, deployed my script, update it and made a few trial calls but I dont see any data in the DataFeedLogger folder. Why could that be?

3 --> It was ok

4 --> No related errors

Do I do sth wrong?

Thank you

wadegong Tue, 05/27/2008 - 19:52
User Badges:

There will be no data in datafeedLogger folder. The datafeed logger is used to capture any VXML application event and then generate CVP messages based on the flags/filters settings. The messages will be sent to Call server and captured by reporting server. So the first step is to make sure that VXML does send out the messages.

You can set the following properties in vxml.properties file

VXML.logLevel = DEBUG

VXML.traceMask = 0xffffffff

Uncomment out the above line and comment out other VXML.traceMask lines. Clean up cvp log file and restart VXML server. Make one or two calls and attach the following files here. I can take a look of them.

1) Under C:\Cisco\CVP\logs: cvp.xxxxx.log and error.xxxxx.log

2) Under C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications\\logs\ActivityLog: activity_log.xxxxx.txt

3) Under C:\Cisco\CVP\conf: messageAdapter.properties and vxml.properties

Bozzy2008 Tue, 05/27/2008 - 20:07
User Badges:

I will do that thank you but before that how about this error?

213.243.58.11: May 28 2008 05:55:14.986 +0300: %CVP_4_1_VXML-3-VXML_INTERNAL_ERROR: DatafeedMgr.handleSubdialogStartExitEvent() cannot publish the tabular message because the call GUID is NULL. [id:6004]

What does this mean?

wadegong Wed, 05/28/2008 - 06:33
User Badges:

Sorry, I went ot bed and did not see your reply until now (EST here).

The error explained why there was no VXML event in CVP DB. Call GUID is the call identifier on CVP DB almost all the tables so a call with a null GUID will failed to create and send VXML event messages to call server.

Depending on the deployment model, the call GUID either is generated by Gateway (for standalone vxml call, and CVPSelfService.tcl and CVPSelfServiceBootstrap.vxml on GW and application must be configured correctly), or passed over from ICM (for comprehensive call flow model, the ICM script should use the formula editor to set ToExtVXML[1]=concatenate("callid=",Call.user.media.id))

For details, please refer to CVP "Configuration and Administration Guide"

Bozzy2008 Wed, 05/28/2008 - 11:15
User Badges:

Yes you were right, I wasnt sending that with ICM script. However, it's interesting because I see that there is a call table and it has the call guid. Anyway, I will study exclusively with CVP Reporting tomorrow, I will try your suggestion too. I'll get back to you about it

Thanks again

rajkum2 Thu, 06/18/2009 - 11:02
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

Can you please tell whether this is working for you or not?

Thanks,

Actions

This Discussion