Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with route on ASA

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would like to ask you about routing on ASA 5520.When i add command route on ASA it show message like this.

ASA(config)# route online 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.189.133.65

ERROR: Cannot add route entry, conflict with existing routes

I cannot find conflict route.

Best Regards,

Rechard_HK

10 Replies 10

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rechard

Could you post the ASA routing table please ?

Jon

Dear Jon,

This is configuration.

Please see in the attach file.

Best Regards,

Rechard_hk

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The conflicting route is

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.200.15.221 1

You cannot add 2 default routes. You can enter a more specific route eg.

route online 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.189.133.65

Note - the above is just an example. But you cannot have 2 entries for the same route ie.

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Jon

Dear Jon,

You mean on ASA not allow use many default route, right?Is it can use only one default route?this is the rule right?

Best Regards,

Rechard_hk

Rechard

Apologies i should have been more specific. You can multiple default-routes with the same cost but they must go out the same interface - see link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/ip.html#wp1047894

You can also have 2 default-routes with unequal cost ie.

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.200.15.221 1

You could then add your other default route with an admin distance higher than 1

route online 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.189.133.65 2

Note the number at the end of the route statements ie. 1 in your first statement and 2 in the second statement. The ASA will always use the route with an AD of 1.

Jon

Dear Jon,

Thanks you for your help,

Could i ask you one more question?

i would like to continuous as question above so i had ASA 5520 and i did configure VPN site to site. interface gi0/0 is outside, g0/1 is inside and gi 0/2 is online.

Interface outside and Online for VPN interface. so we i configure already is ok, but next to day it doesn't work( i mean it ont stable).Could you help me to check configuration on ASA as in the attach file.

Best Regards,

Rechard_HK

MMG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I am currently facing the same problem. 

I went through all answers but I really don't get exactly what  should I do as to rectify this problem

Hi MMG

The problem is that it is not possible to create two identical routes(the default route/0.0.0.0/0) with the same administrativ Distance out of two different interfaces(outside & online) in this scenario.
The ASA does not support ECMP(Equal cost multi-pathing) across multiple interfaces

cmuamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I'm coming in this chat with the same issue.
I have two ISP and I would like to create two separate routes with my ASA5515
Any help from you

Make new post for your issue 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: