Views
Helpful
Replies

From which user download more content

iqbalkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Sun proxy server which is connect my router for internet. My user internet access via proxy. recently I found in MRTG is always high. so How I can findout which users are always download ?.

Thanks

Biplob

7 Replies 7

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Biplob,

You can enable netflow on the router and then use a freeware netflow manage tool to get the reports for you.

You can also enable, IP accounting on the routers and it will tell you the source and destination with the bytes send across the ports.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi amit

Its good enable IP routing but as my user uses private IP and its nat in proxy so if I enable IP accounting then its only shows proxy Real IP or users private IP ?, I am doubt at this point.

Thanks

biplob

Well if its being natted on proxy, you wont see the real IP's on the router.

-amit singh

Hi

your comment:you wont see the real IP's on the router.

Then I see the Private IP address in router which already nated in router ?.

I am confused that in your comment: you wont see the real IP's on the router.

I think it will be you wont see the private IP's on the router.

anotion option of you regarding netflow I am checking

Thanks

biplob

Hi amit

enable netflow is global command ? where I get freeware netflow manage tool ? its free tool and how I integrated it to router ?.

Thanks

Biplob

hi amit

thanks the link. can you shortly brief about netflow. like first I enable netflow in router and netflow tool install a workstation.and in router I tell ip flow-export workstation where data storage. beside i do not need anything. am i right ?

Thanks

biplob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card