Views
Helpful
Replies

port required for cisco 7902 IP Phone

tarun.shee
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

I am using cisco 7902 and 7940 IP Phone. But in my network, all ports are block except port 80 and port 2000. Plz, suggest me which port I am to open for IP Phone.

Regards,

Tarun

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Ports used for IP PHONE are:1718,1719,1720 and also 5060,5061 for SIP.

Refer the "CISCO UNIFIED CALLMANAGER 5.0 TCP AND UDP PORT USAGE" document present in the following url to know more about ports used for ip phone:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/5_0/50plrev2.pdf

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Tarun,

another info needed is waht version of CCM you are using.

So how to modify your access-list: you need to permit DCHP, TFTP, TCP port 2000 the skinny protocol (SCCP) but you need also to allow communication between the IP phones and phones located on other IP subnets (the bearer channel in a VoIP communication= the voice packets). They use RTP protocol (realtime transport protocol) that is built upon UDP. RTP uses a wide range of UDP ports and its companion control protocol RTCP too.

"RTP does not have a standard TCP or UDP port on which it communicates. The only standard that it obeys is that UDP communications are done via an even port and the next higher odd port is used for RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) communications. Although there are no standards assigned, RTP is generally configured to use ports 16384-32767/UDP"

Use the following link for a complete reference of protocols involved in CCM 4.1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/4_1/41plrev2.pdf

please provide a feedback when you find the working configuration it may be useful.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card