Replies

Urgent help need- call routing

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a site with the following

Central site Remote Site

CCM>>>>>>>>GW>>>>>WAN>>>>>GW>>>>>>>>>PABX

I`m now looking to roll out a pilot with a small number of users off the PABX in the remote location but keep the connection to the local PABX via a Q Sig GW

Outgoing calls

All outgoing calls from the pilot users at the remote site will be via a SRST router on site connecting via a Q Sig. to the local PABX. I will set up a route pattern pointing to the local Qsig GW via the PABX so to route calls to the PABX

Inbound

PABX >>>>>>>SRST router

The idea is that if a PABX user dials an IPT pilot user, the PABX is configured to route the call to the local QSig/ SRST GW

The SRST GW has a dial-peer with a destination pattern of the Pilot IPT users pointing to the of the CCM

Call Signalling goes to the CCM

The CCM instructs the call to the local IPT pilot user- - where does the Voice traffic route via ? - local to the router i.e only call control is across the WAN but voice is on the local LAN or via the WAN ? i.e Remote site >>>>Central CCM>>>>>Remote site >>>>>Pilot IPT handsets

thanks

3 Replies 3

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

If I read your question correctly, the RTP stream will be between the Voice gateway and the IP Phone. You can verify this with a sniffer trace (ie: wireshark)

If two IP phones at remote sites call one another, the RTP stream will be between the two IP Phones.

IP phone at central site, IP phone at remote site. RTP stream will go over WAN (between the two phones.)

Central site IP Phone to PB phone. RTP stream will be between Central site IP Phone and SRST router / OABX voice gateway at remote site.

I was going to give conference call examples, but decided not to since there are multiple configuration options.

Thanks for the reply, what I trying to do for the pilot is to have no voice across the WAN.

IPT to IPT calls on the remote site- RTP lcoal on their LAN

So calls from the remote IPT handsets will go via the PABX conenct via their SRST/ Qsig GW.-

Calls form the Central IPT CCM to PABX will go via PSTN so again not WAN traffic

Calls from Central IPT handsets to remote IPT handsets will again goes via PSTN/ PABX

I`m happy with the above

Calls from the PABX to the Pilot IPT on its own site- I need confirmation on

PABX sends the call request to the SRST/Qsig GW it is connected to. Call Signalling goes across the WAN to CCM- happy with this , Remote IPT handset at the PAXB site rings- where does the speech path - acorss the WAN or local?

thanks again

Between the voice gateway (connecting the PABX) and the IP Phone.

If you don't want anything going across the WAN, turn off music on hold from the callmanger leaving tone on hold because music will stream from the CallManager.

You will have to configure hardware conferencing on the PABX gateway also since conference calls will be mixed and sourced from the CallManager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: