cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone SIP integration to UCM 6.1

Cory Kostyniuk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get my SIPHON clinet on my iphone to integrate with UCM6.1 and want to know if anyone has any advice on how best to achieve this.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have not tried, but love to hear if it works. You will need to add SIP device to callmanager. Add device, third party sip and see if it works.

will do, added the device to UCM6 you need to enter it as SIPmacaddr not SEPmacaddr however I cannot get the client to register to the server. as its our lab I'll do some more testing on the weekend and let you know if I get it working.

Ahh... that might a problem. SIP devices usually connect via ethernet or wireless NIC card with MAC addresses. You are probably trying to though the air via cdma or something.

I thought you could possibly do it with a simple login un/pw for SIP, but maybe not. I do not have a CUCM6 in front of me right now, but keep in touch!

I have gotten Windows Mobile to work on CUCM with a third party software. Pretty slick. But that was using WiFi on the phone.

On your iPhone, your WiFi card has a mac address. If there is a way to view this, you should in theory get the SIP to register.

Also, for testing, make sure SIP is working for 79xx phones first. This will at least tell you SIP is working on the server. (proxy, etc)

You can open up RTMT and follow the log files to see the device hit CUCM and ask for registeration and possibly see why it's failing.

good luck!

Ahh... that might a problem. SIP devices usually connect via ethernet or wireless NIC card with MAC addresses. You are probably trying to though the air via cdma or something.

I thought you could possibly do it with a simple login un/pw for SIP, but maybe not. I do not have a CUCM6 in front of me right now, but keep in touch!

I have gotten Windows Mobile to work on CUCM with a third party software. Pretty slick. But that was using WiFi on the phone.

On your iPhone, your WiFi card has a mac address. If there is a way to view this, you should in theory get the SIP to register.

Also, for testing, make sure SIP is working for 79xx phones first. This will at least tell you SIP is working on the server. (proxy, etc)

You can open up RTMT and follow the log files to see the device hit CUCM and ask for registeration and possibly see why it's failing.

good luck!

Cory Kostyniuk
Level 1
Level 1

cheers, I'm doing this over our Corporate wireless as apposed to EDGE on the iPhone. I thought it appeared to be an authentication problem at first but will check what you suggested and let you know how i get on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: