ASDM upgrade for ASA5510 v7

Answered Question
May 28th, 2008

hi guys,

Ive got an ASA5510 running v7 with device manager 5.0 and i wish to upgrade to v5.2. any ideas how this can be done? can i jump freom 5.0 to 5.2 or do i first have to upgrade to 5.1 then 5.2? also, when i logged in to cisco, i couldnt find a full version for asa v7 only a preview version, is this correct?

Regards

Suleiman,

You have the correct version of ASDM for your ASA IOS. if you want to use a later version of ASDM - you need to upgrade your version of ASA IOS.

At:-

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa

You will see descriptions like "Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA 8.0 and 8.1"

So for your version of ASA IOS "asdm-507.bin - Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for PIX 7.0"

HTH.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
solpandor Wed, 05/28/2008 - 04:00

andrew

thanks for the prompt reply. In my current ASDM software (wihtin file management) the asdm image is asdm-507.bin and asa707-k8.bin. Also, as i mentioned earlier, i cant seem to find the ASDM5.2 for asa v7.(when i login to the cisco website) any ideas where this might be?

Correct Answer

Suleiman,

You have the correct version of ASDM for your ASA IOS. if you want to use a later version of ASDM - you need to upgrade your version of ASA IOS.

At:-

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa

You will see descriptions like "Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA 8.0 and 8.1"

So for your version of ASA IOS "asdm-507.bin - Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for PIX 7.0"

HTH.

solpandor Wed, 05/28/2008 - 06:19

thanks andrew

all sorted. upgraded both ios and asdm. and the new asdm is a life saver (with packet tracer functionality)

thanks once again

Suleiman

solpandor Wed, 05/28/2008 - 06:24

andrew,

how do you reply so quickly? sureley working for monster you must be very busy, do you have an RSS feed for this topic? Im just wondering how i can keep my finger onthe pulse and be aware of new posts(appart from pressing F5 onthe main forum page). any suggestions would be helpful

solpandor Wed, 05/28/2008 - 06:47

well i wont disturb u too much on your lunch, but will you please provide me with the rss links for lan routing and switching and firewalling topics?

Actions

This Discussion