Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM upgrade for ASA5510 v7

SOL10
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

Ive got an ASA5510 running v7 with device manager 5.0 and i wish to upgrade to v5.2. any ideas how this can be done? can i jump freom 5.0 to 5.2 or do i first have to upgrade to 5.1 then 5.2? also, when i logged in to cisco, i couldnt find a full version for asa v7 only a preview version, is this correct?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suleiman,

You have the correct version of ASDM for your ASA IOS. if you want to use a later version of ASDM - you need to upgrade your version of ASA IOS.

At:-

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa

You will see descriptions like "Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA 8.0 and 8.1"

So for your version of ASA IOS "asdm-507.bin - Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for PIX 7.0"

HTH.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

All you need to do is d/l the version of ASDm and tftp into the flash. You can jump - it all depends on your version of IOS - there are specific versions of ASDM to ASA IOS. Check the software table. The configure:-

from

asdm image disk0:/asdm-5x.bin

to

asdm image disk0:/asdm-52x.bin

HTH.

andrew

thanks for the prompt reply. In my current ASDM software (wihtin file management) the asdm image is asdm-507.bin and asa707-k8.bin. Also, as i mentioned earlier, i cant seem to find the ASDM5.2 for asa v7.(when i login to the cisco website) any ideas where this might be?

Suleiman,

You have the correct version of ASDM for your ASA IOS. if you want to use a later version of ASDM - you need to upgrade your version of ASA IOS.

At:-

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa

You will see descriptions like "Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA 8.0 and 8.1"

So for your version of ASA IOS "asdm-507.bin - Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for PIX 7.0"

HTH.

thanks andrew

all sorted. upgraded both ios and asdm. and the new asdm is a life saver (with packet tracer functionality)

thanks once again

Suleiman

np - glad to help.

andrew,

how do you reply so quickly? sureley working for monster you must be very busy, do you have an RSS feed for this topic? Im just wondering how i can keep my finger onthe pulse and be aware of new posts(appart from pressing F5 onthe main forum page). any suggestions would be helpful

LOL! I am very busy - and yes I do have an RSS feed on these subjects. Currently I am on lunch

well i wont disturb u too much on your lunch, but will you please provide me with the rss links for lan routing and switching and firewalling topics?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card