cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 6.0(1) Server (Hardware question)

Guys,

Want to install Presence 6.0(1) and have the IBM x336: x2 Xeon 3.2 Ghz / 2 Gb RAM / 1 HDD SCSI 73.4Gb U320

I've checked the document CUP Server Support Matrix and look through MCS-7825-* models and get the following:

1. 7825-H1-IPC1 or 7825-I1-IPC1: x1 P4 3.4 Ghz / 2 Gb RAM / x2 80Gb SATA HDD

2. 7825-H2-IPC1 or 7825-I2-IPC1: x1 Pentium D Dualcore 2.8 or 3.4 Ghz / 2 Gb RAM / x2 80Gb SATA HDD

3. 7825-H2-IPC2 or 7825-I2-IPC2: x1 P4 3.4 Ghz / 2 Gb RAM / x2 80Gb SATA

4. 7825-H3-IPC1 or 7825-I3-IPC1: x1 Xeon Dualcore 2.13 Ghz / 2 Gb RAM / x2 160Gb SATA

While trying to install software get the error (Unsupported hardware).

Can I change anything, i mean hardware, to install CUP 6.0(1) onto this server ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Both IBMs and HPs are supported.

This Data Sheet lists the supported servers for Presence installation. It includes both HP and IBM servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps6837/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e325a.html

This links to the approved server configurations for HP and IBM servers. Look at the IBM link to find the customer-provided equivalent of the MCS servers listed in the first link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/product_solution_overview_list.html

I agree with Tommer that if this is for a lab or demo environment, VMWare would be an attractive alternative. Otherwise, the install process will verify that the hardware meets the specs in the links, and if successful, result in an unsupported installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

I would have to say yes on this. You can try and see. It will kick you out within the first 10 minutes of the install if the hardware is not valid.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probably not. It's only supported on the "H" series servers. If you are trying to demo this, you can try to load it in VMware. Possibly this will help.

I have not checked, but are there any IBM supported models for Presence? Or is it just HP?

cheers

Both IBMs and HPs are supported.

This Data Sheet lists the supported servers for Presence installation. It includes both HP and IBM servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps6837/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e325a.html

This links to the approved server configurations for HP and IBM servers. Look at the IBM link to find the customer-provided equivalent of the MCS servers listed in the first link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/product_solution_overview_list.html

I agree with Tommer that if this is for a lab or demo environment, VMWare would be an attractive alternative. Otherwise, the install process will verify that the hardware meets the specs in the links, and if successful, result in an unsupported installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Thank you, guys.

Could also take an advice of how much memory will be

sufficient, by minimum, for guest os, that will run CUP 6.0 ?

Provided documents underline 2 (two) Gb of RAM, but

what if I prefer to allocate only 1 Gb under VMWare Server ?

You may have to allocate 2 gigs for the install to run though. Then you can or try to drop it to 1gig. The problem is that the installation process goes through a number of checks. If it finds you do not have sufficient memory for install, it will halt.

But I only have 2 Gb in total on the host OS, which is Windows 2003 Server.

What do think ?

Gentlemen,

So the question is will the CUP's installation process will be halted, if I'm

installing it under vmware environment and I allocate less than 2Gb of RAM,

e.g. 1.8Gb, fot this virtual machine due to the lack of a physical memory ?

Thank you in advance.

I would have to say yes on this. You can try and see. It will kick you out within the first 10 minutes of the install if the hardware is not valid.

Thank you, all.

CUP has been installed successfully.

The reason of this is I tried 2048Mb for the RAM.

Virtual machine in fact can have more than available physical memory limit by virtual memory (pagefile) resource.

Hi All, I am now on my third version of CUPS that fails to install. Version 6.0(3) hangs at the application install on file 17 with a IpmWorkFile has exceeded a time threshold of 90 seconds. I am running the VMware machine with 2GB of ram and 80GB disk. The disk is a virtual scsi disk (ESX vmware) but do not know if this is a factor. Has anyone had a similar experience.

Regards Frank.

Hi Frank,

did you find a resolution to this issue. I have exactly the same problem on ESX with the same config as you.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: