cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE module reload

Abhijit.Das
Level 1
Level 1

Does a reload / reset of a CUE module involve rebooting the router ( 2851 )hosting it. And one more thing, do we need a separate backup nbefore reloading / rebooting the module. Think " copy run start" should suffice..

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Abhijit,

Life is good! Just had a whole week off on vacation (sweet!) I have to be honest, I'm not sure about your first question :( For # 2

Try Adobe Audition. Here is a link, it's very,very good :)

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/#loc=en_us&view=ols_prod&store=OLS-US&categoryOID=1708430&distributionOID=105

Hope this helps! Take care,

Rob

View solution in original post

Hey Abhijit,

I think I see where you are going with this :) One note here is that AvT is just the replacement name for what was formerly known as GMS. The format must be as shown below (G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono);

Cisco Unity Express Release 2.1 introduces a number of important features and enhancements, including the following:

•Administration Via Telephone

Cisco Unity Express Release 2.1 introduces the ***Administration Via Telephone (AVT), previously known as the Greeting Management System (GMS). The ability for an administrator, or other privileged user, to create and address broadcast messages is added to this Telephony User Interface (TUI) based management tool in Release 2.1. Also new with Release 2.1 is the ability to add recorded names and locations to the Unity Express local directory for easier addressing of messages to remote users. Administrators also use the AVT to record and manage Cisco Unity Express automated attendant prompts and alternate greetings for the automated attendant.

Recording an Auto-Attendant Greeting or Prompt File

Two methods are available to create auto-attendant greeting and prompt files:

•Create a.wav file with the following format: G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono. The file cannot be larger than 1 MB (about 2 minutes). After recording the greeting, use the GUI or Cisco Unity Express CLI ccn copy url command to copy the file in to the Cisco Unity Express system. See the next section, "Uploading the Auto-Attendant Greeting or Prompt File," for the upload procedure.

•Use the AvT on the TUI to record the greeting or prompt. Dial the AvT telephone number and select the option to record a greeting. When finished recording, save the file. AvT automatically saves the file in Cisco Unity Express.

The AvT prompt filename has the format UserPrompt_DateTime.wav, for example: UserPrompt_11152003144055.wav. You may want to use CLI commands or GUI options to rename the file with a meaningful name.

Cisco recommends using the AvT on the TUI to record greetings and prompts because the AvT provides higher sound quality compared to .wav files recorded using other methods.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/5AAttnd.html#wp1011691

AVT & Triggers;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/4AvT.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/1syscmp.html#wp1013372

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Hi Abhijit,

You are very welcome!

The main difference between the 7940G/7960G and the 7941G/7961G are the "backlit" line keys and upgraded displays that are on the newer 7941G/7961G and not on the 7940G/7960G. There are some new features with Unity and CCM that are only supported on the 41/41/45 .. 61/62/65 models as well. We have many of all 4 models deployed in our environment and our users much ** prefer the 41G/61G models. Have a look;

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G provides two programmable backlit line/feature buttons (these line keys now change color depending on the status of the call ie: Ringing,Hold,Idle **Very nice feature**) and four interactive soft keys that guide a user through call features and functions, and audio controls for high-quality duplex speakerphone, handset, and headset. A built-in headset port and an integrated Ethernet switch are standard with the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G. The phone also features a ***best-of-class large, higher-resolution grayscale pixel-based LCD ***. The display provides features such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, and digits dialed. The graphic capability of the display allows for the inclusion of higher value, more visibly rich Extensible Markup Language (XML) applications and double-byte languages.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet0900aecd802ff020.html

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G provides two programmable line and feature keys (**not backlit**), plus a high-quality speakerphone. It also has four dynamic soft keys that guide users through call features and functions. A built-in headset port and an integrated Ethernet switch are standard with the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G. The phone also includes audio controls for the full-duplex speakerphone, handset, and headset. This phone also features a large, pixel-based LCD display that provides information such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, and digits dialed.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps1854/product_data_sheet09186a008008884a.html

Hope this helps! Have a great weekend as well (no work if possible ;-)

Rob

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abhijit,

Hope all is well buddy! It is not necessary to reload the entire router. I would always recommend a proper backup :)

Backing Up and Restoring Data

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel1_1_2/ccm_cli/ch5bkrst.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml#restore

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Hope all's well my friend. I am doing good.

I have another question here - is dialing the AVT # the only way to change a system prompt in CUE ? Thing is for this I have to create a CTI route point + the JTAPI trigger in CUE, the problem is the CUE module requires reboot, which I want to avoid. Another way is to record it in "G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono" format, but it needs a very advanced recording software. Do you have any idea about any such software?

Take care,

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

Life is good! Just had a whole week off on vacation (sweet!) I have to be honest, I'm not sure about your first question :( For # 2

Try Adobe Audition. Here is a link, it's very,very good :)

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/#loc=en_us&view=ols_prod&store=OLS-US&categoryOID=1708430&distributionOID=105

Hope this helps! Take care,

Rob

Thanks again Rob.. Nice to hear that finally you were able to find some time for yourself & go on a much-deserved vacation.

Actually my only question here was the one related to audio recording. I just put it in a wrong format...

I have one extra question here - If we want AVT to work for CUE 2.2 integrated with CCM 4.1,the manadatory requirement is configuraing a JTAPI route point in CCM, then associating it with a JTAPI user. In CUE, we need a JTAPI trigger.

This is where my question comes in - is there any chance a SIP trigger in CUE will work? Don't think it will though, but just confirming it from you.

Take care,

Abhijit.

Hey Abhijit,

When will you get some well deserved time off? Soon I hope :) Here are the rules the the different type of Triggers required. I think this should clear things up a bit;

Configuring SIP Triggers for the Applications

Cisco Unity Express uses SIP to handle incoming calls in ***Cisco Unified CME and Cisco SRST mode. If you are deploying Cisco Unity Express in either of these modes, you must configure a SIP trigger for your application so that it can be invoked by incoming calls. This type of trigger is identified by the phone number which is dialed to invoke the desired application.

The telephone number that identifies your SIP trigger must match the dial-peer configured on the Cisco IOS SIP gateway. Cisco Unity Express supports a maximum of 8 SIP triggers for all applications combined, regardless of the hardware type.

Configuring JTAPI Triggers for the Applications (Cisco Unified Communications Manager Only)

Cisco Unity Express uses JTAPI to handle incoming calls in Cisco Unified Communications Manager mode. If you are deploying Cisco Unity Express in Cisco Unified Communications Manager mode, you ***must configure a JTAPI trigger for your application so that it can be invoked by incoming calls. This type of trigger is identified by the phone number which is dialed to invoke the desired application.

The telephone number that identifies your JTAPI trigger must match the Route Point configured on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/1syscmp.html#wpxref19833

Hope this helps buddy!

Rob

Thanks again friend. I was just trying to see if there was a work-around to configuring a JTAPI trigger on the CUE. Wanted to avoid it since any new trigger requires a reboot.

Have a nice evening.

Abhijit.

Hey Rob,

Need your help with one more thing - for a CUE prompt, the standard format of a .wav file is "G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono". Is there any way it can accept files of other formats? Like say, a .wav file recorded using a Windows recording software?

Take care,

Abhijit.

Hey Rob,

Need your help with one more thing - for a CUE prompt, the standard format of a .wav file is "G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono". Is there any way it can accept files of other formats? Like say, a .wav file recorded using a Windows recording software?

Take care,

Abhijit.

To ocnfigure a GMS number ( not an AVT number) one part of it is to configure a SIP trigger in CUE. Do we need to do anything on CCM?

Hey Abhijit,

I think I see where you are going with this :) One note here is that AvT is just the replacement name for what was formerly known as GMS. The format must be as shown below (G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono);

Cisco Unity Express Release 2.1 introduces a number of important features and enhancements, including the following:

•Administration Via Telephone

Cisco Unity Express Release 2.1 introduces the ***Administration Via Telephone (AVT), previously known as the Greeting Management System (GMS). The ability for an administrator, or other privileged user, to create and address broadcast messages is added to this Telephony User Interface (TUI) based management tool in Release 2.1. Also new with Release 2.1 is the ability to add recorded names and locations to the Unity Express local directory for easier addressing of messages to remote users. Administrators also use the AVT to record and manage Cisco Unity Express automated attendant prompts and alternate greetings for the automated attendant.

Recording an Auto-Attendant Greeting or Prompt File

Two methods are available to create auto-attendant greeting and prompt files:

•Create a.wav file with the following format: G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono. The file cannot be larger than 1 MB (about 2 minutes). After recording the greeting, use the GUI or Cisco Unity Express CLI ccn copy url command to copy the file in to the Cisco Unity Express system. See the next section, "Uploading the Auto-Attendant Greeting or Prompt File," for the upload procedure.

•Use the AvT on the TUI to record the greeting or prompt. Dial the AvT telephone number and select the option to record a greeting. When finished recording, save the file. AvT automatically saves the file in Cisco Unity Express.

The AvT prompt filename has the format UserPrompt_DateTime.wav, for example: UserPrompt_11152003144055.wav. You may want to use CLI commands or GUI options to rename the file with a meaningful name.

Cisco recommends using the AvT on the TUI to record greetings and prompts because the AvT provides higher sound quality compared to .wav files recorded using other methods.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/5AAttnd.html#wp1011691

AVT & Triggers;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/4AvT.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/1syscmp.html#wp1013372

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks a ton again! I was not aware that GMS & AVT were the same. I was looking for something different from AVT.

The issue is now resolved by configuring a CTI route point associated with a JTAPI user in CCM & a JTAPI trigger in CUE.

Btw, one more question, totally unrelated to this - what's the difference between a 7940/7941 phone? Is there any specific scenario where we use 7941 / 7961 ?

Happy weekend!!!

Take care,

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

You are very welcome!

The main difference between the 7940G/7960G and the 7941G/7961G are the "backlit" line keys and upgraded displays that are on the newer 7941G/7961G and not on the 7940G/7960G. There are some new features with Unity and CCM that are only supported on the 41/41/45 .. 61/62/65 models as well. We have many of all 4 models deployed in our environment and our users much ** prefer the 41G/61G models. Have a look;

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G provides two programmable backlit line/feature buttons (these line keys now change color depending on the status of the call ie: Ringing,Hold,Idle **Very nice feature**) and four interactive soft keys that guide a user through call features and functions, and audio controls for high-quality duplex speakerphone, handset, and headset. A built-in headset port and an integrated Ethernet switch are standard with the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G. The phone also features a ***best-of-class large, higher-resolution grayscale pixel-based LCD ***. The display provides features such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, and digits dialed. The graphic capability of the display allows for the inclusion of higher value, more visibly rich Extensible Markup Language (XML) applications and double-byte languages.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet0900aecd802ff020.html

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G provides two programmable line and feature keys (**not backlit**), plus a high-quality speakerphone. It also has four dynamic soft keys that guide users through call features and functions. A built-in headset port and an integrated Ethernet switch are standard with the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G. The phone also includes audio controls for the full-duplex speakerphone, handset, and headset. This phone also features a large, pixel-based LCD display that provides information such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, and digits dialed.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps1854/product_data_sheet09186a008008884a.html

Hope this helps! Have a great weekend as well (no work if possible ;-)

Rob

Thanks again Rob! Awesome stuff as usual!! I have not worked much with 7941 / 61's, that's why was a tad curious. ( they are being delpoyed slowly in our environment).

Happy weekend! Enjoy!!

Abhijit.

Hey Abhijit,

Great stuff! My weekend just started (yahoooo!) I think the next step for many deployments will be the 7945's and 7965's. These have nice colour displays and are 10/100/1000 capable. We are getting some of these in a few weeks :) I'll let you know how they work out.

Have a good one!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: