I want to take the CCNA 640-802 exam

Unanswered Question
May 28th, 2008

Hi - I want to take the 640-802 exam, and I do have enough resources books, and videos. Please advise where to download exam simulators and which is the best to use.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sirdudesly Wed, 05/28/2008 - 06:49

I recommend GNS3 which uses dynamips to emulate IOS (you'll need valid ios images, I find 2600 series images work best for the ccna type questions)

Emulation is a far superior option to simulation, as everything that works on a router works in emulation. If you use simulator things work when they shouldn't and don't work when they should and vice versa.

Mziyanda26 Wed, 05/28/2008 - 11:43

Thanks a lot - but now i'm struggling to get the 2600 series image...do you perhaps know of any links that i might use.

dbeare Wed, 05/28/2008 - 12:52

The IOS isn't something you can just find, it's proprietary and you'll either need a copy from existing equipment or a service contract with Cisco that allows you to download the IOS. Either way, I would recommend buying some cheap routers on ebay and studying with actual equipment. You should be able to put together a basic lab for under a couple hundred dollars. If you're taking the certification to advance in your career, you will definitely want hands on experience, not just using an emulator or simulator.

Actions

This Discussion