Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Alerting Questions

UCM 5.1(3)

Two questions:

1) How do you configure alerts for CDR? I have alerts configured via RTMT, however I've been getting separate alerts from the email account I configured in CDR Analysis & Reporting (via SYSTEM>SYSTEM PARAMETERS>MAIL PARAMETERS). I am looking to configure a few email addresses and can't find where it was set up.

2)I received an alert "The number of records in the CAR database size had breached the 2 Million Mark (1500000 records). The number of records in the CAR database was 1500208. After purging, number of records in the CAR database with 1500208 still crosses 2 Million Mark, hence CAR loader was stopped. Please lower the Max and Min Number of Days of Records from the Auto-Purge page ASAP, to allow deletion of older records to keep size further below the 2 Million Records Mark." This makes no sense as simple math will tell you 1,500,000 is less than 2 million.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

number of records in the CAR database was 1500208 > 1500000 records (2 Million Mark)

u can try setting the alert to a mailer

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Come again ... how is 1500000 considered the "2 Million Mark" ?

I need much more detail on the email alerting.

They're not billing by the letter in these forums, feel free to elaborate. Thanks!

the limit has always been set to 1,500,000 records by default, also in all previous versions in case you had not worked with them

From docs:

If CDRs accumulate to a configured maximum, the system removes the oldest CDRs along with related CMR records once a day. The default maximum specifies 1,500,000 CDRs.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thanks for the follow-up. But can you explain why "1500208 still crosses 2 Million Mark"?

1,500,208 is less than 2,000,000 no?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: