Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 - Removing the Passive Unit from Active/Passive

conversyschris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to remove my passive unit from my current active/passive setup. Other than just unplugging the FOLink and turning off the unit is there a safe method of removing it from the pair? Keep in mind this is a production firewall housing lots and lots of websites and content behind it so I can not afford even a minute of downtime. Kind of in a rush to get this figured out, so thank you in advance to anyone who responds, I appreciate it.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that's correct.

clear configure failover removes all failover commands.

clear configure ... will remove all commands related to which command you issue next.

eg clear configure static, clear configure nat, clear configure tunnel-group tunnelgroupname

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

conversyschris
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the bump, but I just found out I need to do this tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Cheers

Ok I have about 4 hours until my deadline now.

If I load up my primary unit and enter the command "no failover" will that be adequate to remove the secondary unit from the mix without having my primary mess up?

I have set up active/passive a few times, just never had to remove the secondary unit while the primary was in production.

Thanks

turn the secondary off

issue "no failover" on the primary -

clear configure failover

Thanks a lot, after issuing the 'no failover' command am I am assuming you mean to remove the actual lines that reference the failover setup when you say "clear configure failover".

Thanks a lot!

that's correct.

clear configure failover removes all failover commands.

clear configure ... will remove all commands related to which command you issue next.

eg clear configure static, clear configure nat, clear configure tunnel-group tunnelgroupname

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: