cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time download Web-Auth

slandeira
Level 1
Level 1

My problem is that once I connect and write a URL takes about 2 minutes to download the Web Page login. Once loaded and introduced the password, it works correctly.

Does someone has found something similar? How can I decrease this time to download the page?

I have two Controller 4402 with software version 4.0.217.0.

16 Replies 16

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It shouldn't take that long. How extensive is your webauth page.

Have you tried another machine and or another browser?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Do you use internal or external page?

URL redirect or direct IP?

It should not be that long, it does take a few seconds, but not 2 minutes. Have you tried on the controller debug client to see which part takes long?

fella5, yes, I tried with another machine and another browser.

I use a customized the Web Authentication Login Page using the WLC. Customized login page is downloaded to the controller. But, With the default web page the problem is the same.

Did a test in my lab with this code, it takes about 25 to 30 seconds to load the default page, is it the time you find, or is it definitely 2 minutes?

Then, I would try, if it is the same with the default and the personalized page, to run a debug client on the controller to check which stage takes long...

I tried it out in my lab and I got around a couple seconds. What you might want to look at is DNS. Try to change your home page to google.com or something. The wlc has to try to resolve the home page before you get the certificate error page and then the login page.

-Scott

I have tried it at one of my clients just now and it is less than 5 seconds.

-Scott

I'm sorry not answer before, but my client was unable to test until today.

Using directly https: / / 1.1.1.1/login.html the time it takes is between 1 minute and a half to 2 minutes, just 15 seconds less.

This is not normal, what may be happening? Do not I can think of nothing?

I believe it has to due with the time it takes to resolve a users home page. Users that associate to another ssid that does not use webauth, how fast is it for them to open up a web page? Take the webauth part out for now to troubleshoot.

-Scott

When connected to another SSID which is validated through a radius (validation is very fast) and then connects to the Internet via a proxy and the first web page and navigation are proceeding apace.

Ah.... you have a proxy. WebAuth doesn't work well with a proxy since the wlc has to resolve the users homepage and doesn't know of any proxy settings.

-Scott

Nooo!!! When I connect to the SSID WebAuth I don't use proxy.

If your guest traffic doesn't use a proxy and goes straight out to the internet, then it has to be an issues with DNS. Are you using an internal or public DNS? Your other ssids are internal users, how is your guest network setup. You using a guest anchor controller in a DMZ?

-Scott

The users guests with WebAuth uses 3 public DNS.

The SSID guests is join a LAN network, which is conected to a ASA5505 and this conected with a DSL router to Internet.

May I renew my suggestion tu run a debug client on the controller to check which stage takes long? Is it DNS answer, redirect, page transfer to client?...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: