Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Backup ACS ver 3.3.3.1 via FTP

jthienhaus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There!

I've got an Issue regarding to the Backup of an ACS Service Engine ver 3.3.3.11. A couple of days ago I've upgraded the ACS Service Engine from ver 3.2.2 to ver 3.3.3.1 following the upgrade path to finally have the 4.1 version installed. The upgrade to the ver 3.3.3 was succesfull, it conserved the database and continue to autenticate the users, BUT when I wanted to make a Backup of the ACS via FTP it shows this error message:

"1. Manual Backup Started"

"2. CSBackupRestore(OUT) export function exportSnmpConfig in DLL D:\Program Files\Cisco Secure ACS v3.3\Support\backupRestoreSupport.dll FAILED"

"3. Backup failed due to FTP error. The server name or address could not be resolved"

Prior to the upgrade I could make backup copies of the ACS configuration (in the ver 3.2.2), so the ftp is working.

Any Ideas??? I'll be very thankfull for any assistance. Thanks in advanced!

1 Reply 1

somishra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm if you already have the back up dump file created in the FTP. There is a cosmetic issue with ACS appliances that are upgraded to 3.3.3.11. You might be hitting the bug in which you get backup failure errors even after the backup/restore has been successful.

somishra