Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF - Route Filtering Recommendations

akirkby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are filtering routes inbound using an OSPF setup. We are filtering the routes populating the routing table, we do not need to stop the routes entering the OSPF database.

We currently use standard numbered ACL's (1-99) linked to a route-map to achieve this. I am looking at other options in order to provide greater flexibility i.e. named ACL's, prefix-lists etc.

Can anybody provide any suggestions/recommendations as to the most flexible yet robust method?

I am running this on a 3750 with the Enhanced image.

Cheers,

Andy.

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The OSPF Inbound Filtering Using Route Maps with a Distribute List feature allows users to define a route map to prevent Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routes from being added to the routing table. In the route map, the user can match on any attribute of the OSPF route.

For the configuration follow the URL :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/configuration/guide/irp_ospf_inbound_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1040908

I was looking to implement something like this. But arent you able to filter with just an acl and distribute list, why is a route map needed?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card