Views
Helpful
Replies

gateway and MGCP endpoint status

t-alkhalidi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i have an issue that the MGCP gateway registered while MGCP endpoint not registed on CCM. while u see these endpoints up on the router. does the Layer 1 of the E1 i mean phyisically connected to show registred on the Call manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is expected behaviour, once you get the circuit connected the GW will display registered on CM as well.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not sure i understand your question but if layer 1 is down the GW won't show up as registered in CUCM

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

i mean that there is mismatch or not sync between the gateway status between the GW and CUCM. on CUCM not registired and on the gateway is registered. MGCP endpoints not registired

Hi friend,

If I not misunderstood, your GW is working in the sense you can make inbound/outbound calls, but in CallManager appears "unregistered" status.

If this is correct, sometimes devices, which has already been registered with CallManager, becomes unregistered as part of a normal unregistration event or due to some other reason, such as loss of keepalives.

If all is "up" but in CallManager remains "unregistered", may be is caused by a "cosmetic issue". Try restarting the CTI Manager Service.

Regards,

- adrián.

if you mean that if you issue a sh ccm and they show up as registered that only means that messages for keepalives are working fine and not that the endpoints should show as registered on CCM

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

friends :)

my E1 still not active and not connected to the provider. i see show MGCP endpoints and show CCM shows up and registred on the GW, while on the CCM not registred. the gateway and endpoints status on the call manager screen shows not registered

This is expected behaviour, once you get the circuit connected the GW will display registered on CM as well.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: