cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x on Dell?

kbelter
Level 1
Level 1

Have Enterprise customer that standardized on Dell servers. For appliances (UC Manager) others are acceptable. But for systems running Windows, they have policy that it must run on a Dell. Have found references in Cisco docs for 5.x that say Dell remote management card is supported (I would think this means the Dell server). Nowhere do I find a statement that "customer provided servers, i.e. Dell, are not acceptable".

Anyone know the answer and could point me to some kind of authority?

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here is the current Unity supported platforms list - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.pdf

We're an HP shop and upgrading our existing Unity bridge server, new hardware and Windows 2003 compatible. I checked with TAC to see if I could use a comparable HP server as the only certified supported platform listed in this same doc was an IBM workstation server. Well ... we're getting the IBM server :-)

Ginger

When installing servers you must choose one from Supported HW list, if it's not then don't install it. It can probably work if it meets the specs, but as it's not supported when it fails Cisco TAC will not support it.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I am assuming that you are referring to the platform configuration disk (which sets up bios/raid and loads windows). If you need certain languages, the documentation says to setup server manually using the skrink-wrapped Microsoft standard Windows Server install disk.

As to TAC support, this is a major reason I am asking.

julio
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TAC is very particular about hardware, software, including Virus Scanning, updates, etc. They have their own list of supported everything.

the card indeed shows but as: Supported Optional Hardware

Dell Remote Assistant Card, version 2.0 and later.

Overview: Dell Remote Assistant Card Version 2.0

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/network/DRAC2/overview.htm

The Dell Remote Assistant Card (DRAC) version 2.0 is an add-in server management card

but the server support from Cisco is what shows up in the link that has already been provided of supported platforms for Unity.

you can go to www.cisco.com/swonly and see if the server has the EXACT specs as an MCS. i do mean EXACT because the PCDs look for what's on the link

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate