Helpful
Replies

CER Phone Tracking

san.carlos
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.1(3)sr3c

CER 1.2(3)

Hello, Currently I am unable to track any of the phones from the LAN switches. LAN switches have been imported, SNMP settings for the manage switches and the CCM servers have been configured accordingly. Problem is I do not see any of the CCM registered phones in CER. Phones do not show in the Unlocated area nor under the Switch Port details. The setup seems pretty simple, but obviously giving me problems. CTI Manager/User settings are also properly set on the CER and CCM servers.

Could someone assist with this.

TIA

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try a 'debug snmp packets' command and kick off a switchport update. You should see lots of activity on the switch, specifically phone info. If not you may still have an SNMP issue going on there.

Check the Event Viewer on the CER server. Look for events stating it cannot SNMP-query the CM hosts.

Also, make sure that besides the SNMP setup you also added the switches to LAN Switch Details in CER.

Another issue I have seen that when you click on the CM server under CER configuration it did not popup with all CCM servers, I had to delete the server and re-add it.

Chris

SNMP seems to be ok... return packets included phone info.

All LAN switches are in the system.

I did delete the configured Cisco CallManager from CER and then re-inserted it with the exact same config. The only difference is that before I deleted it, both Callmanagers (Publisher/Subscriber) where listed and after I re-inserted, only one Callmanager appears on the list. The second one is listed as a backup, but should be listed in the list?

By the way, I am still not getting any phone info in CER.

TIA

Shot in the dark.

Did you properly configure SNMP for the CCM servers? If memory serves, that was an issue when I upgraded from CCM4.x to 6.1. Forgot to SNMP-enable the CCM server.