cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AvUMRSyncSvr timer

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Does AvUMRSyncSvr have a certain time that it tries to run again. I mean if there are files in the UnityMTA\failed folder and AvUMRSyncSvr is run the the mail is delivered. What is the time?

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Randy -

For the UnityMTA folder, it is 300 seconds. You typically see the CiscoUnity_UMR event ID 137 (Unity 4.2) message for connectivity issues with the Partner mail server. I don't know if the timer includes UnityMTA\Failed, because these are failed messages. I typically, when I find these, move them back to the UnityMTA folder to see if they get delivered successfully. If there's been an Exchange outage, sometimes I need to stop/restart the AvUmrSynchSvr service. If the msgs reappear in the Failed directory, there is something else wrong, i.e. mailbox corrupted or missing, etc.

Ginger

thanks Ginger all that information is good and is exactly what I do too.

Our Exchange Guru is asking what the time is and I didn't know off hand. I knew you or Rob probably did :-) I searched but didn't find it.

Thanks again, rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: