Agent Desk Settings - disable agent chat sessions

Unanswered Question
May 28th, 2008

CVP - 3.0 SR2

ICM - 6.0 SR6

Cisco Agent Desktop - 6.0

I've looked and looked in Cisco documentation. I've seen in many places that the administrator can disable the chat session on the agent desktop, but I cannot find where to disable. So does anyone know where and how? Also, if it is possible, is it for all agents, single agent, group of agents, etc...

Melinda

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
david.macias Wed, 05/28/2008 - 18:02

My assumption would be that you can disable it by removing the chat button through the CAD Admin. This will apply to any agent using that layout.

david

Abdulbaseer Mohammed Fri, 05/30/2008 - 22:11

Melinda,

The answer is with CSD or cisco supervisor desktop. You may want to check if your machine has that installed.

This can be set for singe and group of agents.

CDA or Cisco Desktop administrator also have some features you may want to check.

Cisco Supervisor Desktop for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Standard includes the

following features:

Monitor and collaborate with agents in real time-Improve performance and customer

satisfaction through the use of advanced supervisor features:

Agent monitoring-Supervisors can monitor agent state and agent phone status with

caller data.

Chat-Supervisors can use instant messaging capability to coach to agents

Please rate helpful posts.

Good luck,

Baseer

melinda.clancy Mon, 06/02/2008 - 08:44

Baseer,

Thank you, I was able to go to Cisco and pull up documentation on desktop administrator. I saw this on the HDS, but was unable to connect, so I assumed I was in the wrong place. "Error reading data from Directory Services. Please try again, look in log file". The log file showed "Failed to bind to LDAP server on xx.xxx.x.xx. Can't contact LDAP server". Of course this is true because the IP address listed is from before the move, there is a new IP address. Now I get to figure out how to change this to the correct PGA IP address. We had hired vendors to do this move.

PS The reason behind turning the chat off is I have one group that is abusing the chat between theirselves. The supervisor cannot control the ladies and has ask me to turn the chat off. I believe that I read I could leave the chat on, but only for the agent to the supervisor. Thought once I got to the desktop admin, I could figure that out.

Thank you,

Melinda

Abdulbaseer Mohammed Mon, 06/02/2008 - 23:44

Glad it helped. Be careful with waving that magic wand! agents some times get perky.

Please rate if it helped.

MickeyKnox Fri, 01/16/2009 - 03:55

Hi Melinda, Do you still have this problem? If it is so, what is the type for your agents? Premium, enhanced or standart. Because I can see that chat disable option only for premium end enhanced installations.

Actually I have been triying to disable this chat option for standart agents. Does anyone have an idea for this?

Regards...

sedmeadshsm Thu, 01/22/2009 - 09:05

Hi MickeyKnox,

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I am having the same problem also i.e. I have standard and need to disable the chat feature with desktop agent.

Many Thanks

Steve

MickeyKnox Thu, 01/22/2009 - 10:39

Unfortunately I did not. Standard option doesn't allow that. Probably I am going to use .NET based CTI desktops instead of CADs and I am going to disable and enable whatever I want by changing code.

Regards...

Actions

This Discussion