cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the Auto_Update Feature on the IPS44240 model

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I want to configure the IPS 4240 model at my client site for the Auto Update feature. When the feature is selected, it is asking for the following:

IP address, username, and password. What credentials are supposed to be supplied here to enable this?

Also how can one tell when updates have been fetched and applied??..

Last but not least, how can one save away the running configuration on the box to startup?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you would need to define an ftp or scp server where the upgrades are stored.

the ip address would be the ip address where this server is setup,and credentials would need to be specified for this to ips so that it automatically logins at desired time.

auto upgrade does not mean that ips would loginto cisco website and download the latest patch.

under the schedule option,you can specify when upgrades are fetched and applied.

as soon as you do any changes,ips asks you whether you want to save the changes to startup.so,nothing special needs to be donw for saving the running config.

HTH

Sushil

Cisco TAC

I appreciate what you have said. The only thing I think I might have miscommunicated is that I want to save the configuration Away from the box. This so that in the event of hardware failure or configuration corruption, I have another copy of the configuration standing by...

To make a copy of the sensor config to a remote file:

# copy current-config scp://joe@1.2.3.4/current

(reverse the arguments to restore the config)

To check on the status of an auto update:

# show stat host

BTW, auto updates from CCO (www.cisco.com) are now available with the IPS sensor version 6.1(1)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card