WHERE TO START FOR CCNA???

Unanswered Question
May 28th, 2008

im a new person to networking field.. im doin my MCA (MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) program.. im in my last years of education.. i have already completed SUN JAVA 1.4 (SCJP 1.4) CERTIFICATION. my aim s to aspire a career in the field of networking, i have a basic knowledge in networks and where do i start from here to have a good career..

and How the cisco certifications ll be helpful in entering the IT companies in India..

Is it a worthwhile to do CCNA ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rick Morris Thu, 05/29/2008 - 10:21

I am not familiar with careers in India.

Think of the CCNA as any other continued education. The certification is helpful to prove you know what you know. Not always the case since there are people who take the test and have no experience, but this is the same as higher education for some people too.

Will it help in your career? Not sure, but it certainly will set you a part from those who do not have the certificate in the field. For the cost of the test I would encourage this.

vskaarthi Fri, 05/30/2008 - 10:57

thank u for spendin the time.. can u recommend me some materials which are useful to start CCNA as a fresher..

arnautucisco Fri, 05/30/2008 - 11:45

I don't know how appropriate this is here, but I would recommend getting the video training course by jeremy cioara for ccna. You can google his name and follow the first link for the materials.

Actions

This Discussion