cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect to 871W Fails to Connect on MacOS

e.speckman
Level 1
Level 1

I have been struggling to get SSL VPN going at our office on an 871W.

I've got the 2.2.0133 release of the Mac AnyConnect installed on the router (12.4(15)T5, 870-ADVSECURITYK9-M). When I log in I get the VPN portal, when I click to Start the tunnel connection, it downloads the software and installs it successfully, but as soon as the client launches, I get this message:

"The VPN client agent ssl engine encountered an error. Close all sensitive networked applications."

I've closed any application I can find that might have a socket open and it still doesn't work.

I've also tried connecting using the installed client on both MacOS and WindowsXP. I get different errors then.

I am asked to verify the self-signed certificate, once I do I get this:

"warning: Unable to process response from HOSTNAME.

I've been monkeying with this for days with no real progress. Any help or tips on diagnosing and fixing would be much appreciated.

I should add that I've never had this SSLVPN working with any client (The clientless "VPN" has worked though).

1 Reply 1

e.speckman
Level 1
Level 1

For more data, OSX console messages after the client has installed are in the attachment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: