Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accepted Sendes and Blocked Senders

I am new to the Ironport workd and would like some advice.
I have a C300 and would like to set up a way to have certain addresses that are our business partners not be subject to the content filters that I have created.
I would also like a way to block specific addresses (i.e. "@news.fandango.com") from being processed and delivered.

If someone could lead me in the right diretion. I have read the manual but would like to get some advice from the guru's so I don't end up doing it over and over until I get it right.

Thanks all.

4 Replies 4

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

For your business partners, you should create a policy called Business-Partners in your incoming mail policy and have it bypass anti-spam scanning and content filters for emails that match tath policy.

Here's how to do that.

1. Go to "Mail Policies > Incoming Mail Policies"
2. Click on Add new policy. Give it a name like "Business-Partners"
3. Add senders like "@businesspartner.org"
4. Once this new policy is added, go in and Disable Anti-spam and content filter scanning for this new policy only.

To drop mail after the Ironport has accepted the message, here's how to do that.

1. Go to "Mail Policies > Incoming Mail Policies"
2. Click on Add new policy and Order it near the Top. Give it a name like "Drop-Mail".
3. Add Senders like "@news.fandango.com" or "@.fandango.com" or "@mailinglist.com"
4. Then for this new policy, disable antispam and antivirus.
5. Click on Incoming Content filters. Create a content filter called "Automatic-Drop". Leave the conditions blank. For the Action, set it to Drop.
6. Now go back to the Incoming Mail Policy and click on the Content filter for the "Drop-Mail" mail policy and enable the "Automatic-Drop" content filter.

That should do the trick. If possible, you want to separate your mail with incoming mail policies and not create hundred's of content filters.

Let me know if you have any questions or confused about something.

And congratulations on getting a new Ironport appliance. I'm sure you'll like it.

I am new to the Ironport workd and would like some advice. 
I have a C300 and would like to set up a way to have certain addresses that are our business partners not be subject to the content filters that I have created.
I would also like a way to block specific addresses (i.e. "@news.fandango.com") from being processed and delivered.

If someone could lead me in the right diretion. I have read the manual but would like to get some advice from the guru's so I don't end up doing it over and over until I get it right.

Thanks all.

Thank you for your support.
I set up the Inbound filter and content flter as described and tested. They both work.

On to other sections, you will probably be hearing from me agian.

Thanks

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Cool. The thing you're doing with incoming mail policies is segregating your traffic into different paths.

For example, if you want to handle mail going to the Marketing department different from the company, you would create a new incoming mail policy called "Marketing-Dept" and either put the individual recipient email addresses there or use ldap group query to find out which recipient is part of that group and match it that way.

let me know if you need or want help on setting up ldap.

Thank you for your support. 
I set up the Inbound filter and content flter as described and tested. They both work.

On to other sections, you will probably be hearing from me agian.

Thanks

Just got LDAP setup ad the end users Quarantine access.
This appliance is too cool.

Thanks for the offer. If and when I get lost I will be sure to submit my question here on Ironpot Nation.

Thanks again
Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: