CVP 4.0 SR2 - error.connection.baddestination, IOS - 12.4_15 T5

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2008

I am using a Transfer element to achieve the VXML Transfer, I get an error - error.connection.baddestination due to a wrong transfer destination.

I also have a hotevent to capture the vxml error event - error.connection.baddestination. But this hot event never gets kicked off as defined / overridden in the root document of the initial request. The application always announces a audio prompt when the phone_error occurs and does a SubDialog_Return.

What should I do to take it to the hot event and take it from there, when ever error.connection.baddestination happens?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
wadegong Thu, 05/29/2008 - 07:10

What type of transfer are you using? blind transfer or bridge transfer? If it is bridge transfer, then you can handle it differently depending on the exit state of the transfer element. Exist state could be:

busy - The number was busy.

noanswer - There was no answer.

phone_error - There was some sort of phone-related error.

done - The call transfer comple

Sethuramalingam... Thu, 05/29/2008 - 07:59

Thanks for the response. We use Blind Transfer. Does that mean in Blind Transfer, we can't use hot events to capture the vxml error events?

Thanks!

-Sethu

wadegong Thu, 05/29/2008 - 11:58

For blind transfer, once GW is asked to do transfer, it sends end call request to VXML Server immediately without waiting for the result of transfer (connected, busy, bad destination etc). VXL server will execute Subdialog_Return and end the call session. From VXML server's perspective, transfer element is done and session is complete. It cannot catch anything even you define hotevent. Only bridge transfer, GW waits for transfer result and sends it to VXML server, and transfer element will have an exit state and session continue.

Actions

This Discussion