cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to stop calls transferring back to operator

gorantla.prasad
Level 1
Level 1

We have two operator extensions configured with Attendent console and there is no other extension configured as CFD to operator phones. And we have configured Auto Attendent through Unity Expressa and when the operator gets a call from outside he will transfer the call to any IP phone user and if the user doesnt pick up it is coming back to operator. And this is happening with all the extension where voicemail is not configured. We have AA configured with the operator extensions configured through Hunt number, so anyone calls to AA number it comes to operator and operator transfers the call to subscriber and if the subscriber is not picking and no voicemail configured, the call is coming back to operator.

5 Replies 5

julio
Level 1
Level 1

This is the way it is supposed to work. if there is no Account for Unity, the system doesn't know where to route the call to next and it will default to the operator.

Is there anyway to stop it apart from creating mailboxes for all the users?

After some careful thinking I could only think of the following. If you setup a phone with at least one line, configure the phone so that if no one picks up line 1 to roll over to Extension 0 in the Forward NO Answer Internal/External fields. Let me know if it makes sense.

Right now the setup have more than 300 phones and almost 200 phones doesnt have voicemail and each phone has two lines like PSTN and CUG, i dont think configuring each phone to forward to other line is the right idea. Let us know is there any other way to control this because the operators are getting too many calls because of this.

I didnt hear anything from you. Please let me know how to drop the calls which are coming back again to operator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: