cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile NetPro

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

How about a mobile version of NetPro? At Cisco we have a mobile site for select areas of Cisco.com http://www.cisco.com/web/mobile/index.html that could also include NetPro. I'd like to hear thoughts on whether this would be a valuable enhancement for NetPro. If so, how would you expect to interact with the mobile version? To browse only, or browse and post? Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan
9 Replies 9

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I think it would be a good thing, though mostly for following-up on a post / reading replies.

For the general level of detail usually required / desired to answer a question, I think I'd go blind (and / or the rest of the way to crazy) trying to type and edit it all on the lil' tiny keyboard on any of the dataphones (Q, Blackjack, CrackBerry, whatever).

The input / edit screen would probably time -out too. There's times I've run out of entry time when I have a real PC and keyboard in front of me.

I vote for it, as a "back burner" feature.

Keep up the good work Dan! I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts to keep the system humming.

Scott

joseph.kukis
Level 1
Level 1

Totally would appreciate a mobile version of netpro, it would give me something to read/learn on the train on my blackberry.

Is it a go?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I will need a magnifying glass to read the NetPro from my E71. He he he ...

I think it would be a great idea too!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Just to keep everyone in the loop, this is on the NetPro roadmap. I can't give a definitive timeframe but we are investigating possible implementations.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Why not make it E-Mail based? It solve the issue for good.. wont it? Rather than struggling on the webpages (WAP or whatever) on a small screen.. I can see the emails in the detals like I normally do for the things.

I can type back and hit, send and its all done!!

Why create a whole together different solution, when a better one exist (IMHO).

Regards

wilson Samuel

I can't see what all the fuss is about but it seems that I must be the only person that has no problem with typing or viewing web pages on my black berry

Sir,

Are you actively and regularly using your typing skills on the blackberry?? If yes, good for you..

However I'm slightly less inclined to visit the NetPro webpage, authenticate and then type replies all the time.

I would definitly prefer to have it on the email (mostly for reading purposes) than to have on some WAP page,and IMHO mobile devices are good for short cut typing (Txt mesages/SMS) not for half a page of descriptive replies that are often required on NetPro.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links