Views
Helpful
Replies

Acceptable value of RTD for IP Phone to work over WAN

kolkatagtc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using callmanager 6.1. Can i place ip phones over internet link where the rtd is too high. Whats the acceptable value of RTD for the IP Phone to work over WAN.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, RTTs of 800+ ms are common for sites via VSAT, phones be used normally and really not an issue. I recommend g711 on these links unless you can do iLBC.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Thanks for your response. But over WAN or MPLS whatever the scenario may be if the RTD is 800+ then if you press the "New Call" softkey in your phone you will get the dialtone after 2secs which will indicate the delay. Moreover over WAN codec will be g729 rather g711.

How does g729 codec affect the phones....

Thanks

Is there any guide lines for Call Control. I`m looking to configure a remote site so that voice traffic is via the local Telco but call control is via a WAN- what delay for Call Control can I get away with

thanks

Clustering Over the IP WAN

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/models.html#wp1043996

maybe this helps

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: