cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS 3.0.1 Network Topology Ver 5.0 PPP Multilink Virtual-Access

THOMAS CARROLL
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way for the Network Topology View to show Virtual-Access Links? I am using PPP Multilink with 2 T.15 interfaces and the links do not show up in the map. Maybe because it uses CDP, and CDP does not work with Virtual-Access links. Anyhow, how can I get the links to show in the map?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You must be able to run CDP across links for them to appear on the Topology Map. There is no way to manually add links.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You must be able to run CDP across links for them to appear on the Topology Map. There is no way to manually add links.

Thanks jclarke

Wish this was NOT the answer, but....

We decided to eliminate the PPP multilink and configure the two T1.5s as serial P-P links. The show cdp neigh commands show the two links, but in the topology map, only of the two serial interfaces display. Any clue why ? I have rediscovered the devices a couple of times manually and the normal schedule discovery.

I don't follow. Can you post a screenshot illustrating what you're seeing on the map?

Sure...thanks a lot on the help. Attached is a screenshot. Do you suggest any specific training on CW LMS ?

Please post the show cdp nei detail output from both devices. Also, I see two Serial2M links are on your map. Do you have another T1 PPP link? If not, if you click on this checkbox to highlight the links, do you see two highlighted lines, or just one?

See the show cdp nei det in the attachment. To answer your question, yes, I do have other PPP multilink circuits configured in the network. I have only changed just one of the PPP Multilinks at this point. Just a note..If I highlight the Serial2M check box, the map show many of the links that are plan old t1 point to point. I do not know where the Serial2M reference comes from.

Please post an snmpwalk from both devices for .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.23.1.2.1 and ifDescr.

Thanks Again...Here it is...

It looks like you may have found a bug or limitation in Campus Manager. This output looks good. Unfortunately, I don't have a dual PPP setup handy to test this. Therefore, I suggest you open a TAC service request with the information you've collected thus far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: