Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade from 6.0.1 to 6.1.2

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, trying to upgrade.

i.e. I go to OS Management on the browser, select upgrade, select DVD and / for the root, then NEXT.

It identifies the file, I select NEXT, then it comes back with the following:

[/usr/bin/sudo/usr/local/bib/base_scripts/upgrade_validate_file.shmethod=localsource_dir=/file_name=UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso] did not generate the appropraite result file.

now I did do the md5sum on the file and got the desired result, so i've no idea why it doesn't appear to like this.

Any ideas out there?

ta

Grant

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Grant, did you merge the two ISO files and compare the md5 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Sankar,

yes I downloaded both files then merged then ran the md5sum utility, got the right checksum.

I was wondering, when I downloaded the file I did it on a windows pc and ran the merge on it, then the md5sum and burned a dvd. however the servers are Linux. I assumed this shouldn't make any difference as its only a lump of data thats being merged, shouldn't matter what os is doing the merging, right?

I have had issues with merging files before. the md5 of individual files will match, but after combining, it wont match at all. I dont think the windows/linux issue matters, but the last time i did a 6.0 to 6.1 upgrade, i had to run it via CLI.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Found out what is was, I hadn't burned the image as an iso onto the disc, i'd done it just as a lump of data. Once burned as iso worked fine.