cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AT&T Upgrade to IP Flex - Change to new extensions

kkbower25
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of changing our extensions to a new extension layout. When we make the changes on our DN on the phone and Lines it doesn't seem to update the auto attendant with the new DN. When we use the DID number it works perfectly, but when someone dials our main number and then tries to dial the nex extension 7041 instead of the old one 4201 they get the extension not found response.

One thing is when we use the new extensions we can still dial directly internally but not externally.

We are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Call Manager 4.1 and Unity 4)

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you change the extensions in Unity as well?

Chris

Yes we changed a test subscriber with the correct extension. AT&T came in and added us to the IP Flex plan and wanted new estensions to match the DID numbers. We changed the information in call manager and in Unity created a new subscriber. do you think it would be better to change the extension of another subscriber? keep in mind that internally the calling works but externally it doesn't. That would tell me that it is something with Unity.

Is the extension exactly the same in Unity and CM, or is possibly a variable lenght dial plan being used here. What do you mean by IP Flex plan?

What is the Transfer setting on Unity is it set to Ring extension or send call to greeting?

Chris

The IP-Flex plan involved changing the dial plan. The dial plan used our old number of 571-2222 (our old extensions 4000 - 4499)and now uses 856-7000 (the DID's are 856-7000 to 856-7299) as the new one. If I dial my direct line it works fine but if I dial the extension from the AA it doesn't. Also we are attemting to use new extensions which match our DID. So our extension range will be 7000-7299.

To answer your questions:

1. I did check the extensions and they are all mathching correctly

2. IP Flex means that we no longer use pots lines and it is a new to our area and we are actually kind of a guinea pig for it.

3. Set to ring extension.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: