cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE and 7940 ip phone

qwest5555
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811-ac-ip with a NME-16ES-1G-P card install I can get a 7941 to power up, but the phone I have are a 7940 and they will not power up. The swith is running 3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5. Please help

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Have you tried powering this particular phone on another inline power switch ? Just wondering if its a bad phone?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Douglas,

It sounds like this bug (Thanks Met!);

CSCsi70300 Bug Details

NME Etherswitch Service Module Not Detecting Pre-Standard Devices

Symptom:

Pre-Standard POE devices are not powering up, link is down/down.

Conditions:

PreStd POE device must be connected to Etherswitch Service Module (ex. NME-16ES-1G-P) running 12.2(35)SE2.

Workaround:

Downgrade IOS to 12.2(25)SEE3

Further Problem Description:

Althought the NME runs 3750 IOS, the problem is not seen on a 3750 switch.

The IEEE 802.3af devices function fine (ex. 7961, 7941), only Pre-Std are affected.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Downgraded switch to IOS to 12.2(25)SEE3

Everything work great !!

Thnaks

Doug

If you need to run a later version of IOS for other features this defect is resolved in 12.2(40)SE or later.

I'm seeing similiar behavior on my Cisco 1801.

POE - power supply is connected and POE LED is green, but when I connect 7941 phone it does not power up.

I'm running IOS Version 12.4(11)T4.

The inline power config is set for auto on all ports and a 'show power inline' sees an 80 watt power supply, but nothing allocated to any of the ports.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: