Guest wireless routed to a different ISP?

Answered Question

We have a a 4402 with several WLANs including a Guest WLAN. Is it possible to route all traffic from the Guest WLAN to a separate ISP? Guest is setup on a different VLAN. Would this be configured in the 4402, the switches, or our ASA device?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JK

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 8 years 7 months ago

Jerome is right, or else you can disable LAG and configure port 1 as the management and ap-manager and connect that to you infrastructure and then assing the ssid to port 2 which will be connected to a switch with your other isp or dsl connection.

Correct Answer by jeromehenry_2 about 8 years 7 months ago

On the controller, I would send the guests to a specific interface, which is a specific VLAN/subnet. Then I would route this subnet to the second ISP from your router or layer 3 switch...

hth

Jerome

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
jeromehenry_2 Thu, 05/29/2008 - 10:01

On the controller, I would send the guests to a specific interface, which is a specific VLAN/subnet. Then I would route this subnet to the second ISP from your router or layer 3 switch...

hth

Jerome

Correct Answer
Scott Fella Thu, 05/29/2008 - 10:24

Jerome is right, or else you can disable LAG and configure port 1 as the management and ap-manager and connect that to you infrastructure and then assing the ssid to port 2 which will be connected to a switch with your other isp or dsl connection.

Actions

This Discussion