cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel Link Allocation

javickas1
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a variety of switches, mostly 29xx. I am trying to learn more about etherchannel. I am trying to find a command that will show me which hosts have been assigned to which links in the etherchannel. The show mac-address-table command shows everything as going over port channel 1, it doesn't break out which link of the port channel each host goes over. I have a etherchannel, currently via PAgP, with 4 100Mb links. I want to find a table where I can go in and see which hosts have been assigned to which of those 4 links. My plan is to then bring down one of the links, so as to see which links the hosts failed over to. I work in an education organization and am trying to put together some detailed training on etherchannel.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is not an easy way to see that . they use a algorithm to determine which port a single conversation will take . Here is a little blurb from cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094714.shtml

It looks like there is a CATOS command that can help with this called show channel hash, but I have as of yet been unable to locate an IOS command that does the equivalent.

Is there an IOS equivalent to the CATOS "show channel hash" command?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card