Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm 6.1 - Need to supress outbound CLID business name

hbarrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

environment is a 6.1 cluster utilizing a PRI for calls, mgcp controlled from router. Issue is when a call outbound is placed it shows the office name and number in caller id. The number is not the problem it is the business name that we want to get rid of. Is their a way to do this on ccm?

Cheers.

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The caller ID name is not being sent from CCM, but is being presented by the telco of the recipient of the call. They do a database lookup based on the calling number to determine the name to display. In this case, you would need to contact your providor to get them to make your name unlisted or change it to something different. Once they update their database, it will propogate to other providors.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

bbuffin,

So their is nothing I can do on the callmanager to supress this?

Thanks!

No, as it is not being produced by CCM.

Brandon

Gotcha!

Thank you very much for your input, its appreciated.

Cheers.

The Caller ID is controlled on his line settings parameter. He does not have to pay to have his caller ID blocked, he can just drop it in Dial Peer.

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern 8T

clid restrict

port 0/1/0:15

Can't that be done? -

Royce Lindsey

CCVP | CCDP | ACE | JNCIP | MCSE | 3RP

rhlindsy
Level 1
Level 1

I agree and disagree with the others. Yes the CLID is a function of the LEC, but you have control of it from your line settings.

You can put the below line in to block ALL CLID outbound for that shared line

>>>dial-peer voice 1000 pots

>>>destination-pattern 8T

clid restrict

>>>port 0/1/0:15

If this is works for you please rate my answer.

Cheers,

Royce Lindsey, CCVP

rhlindsy
Level 1
Level 1

Okay since you have a PRI, you are controlling the CLID and CLIN you cannot do a peer to block FXO since the telco does handle that part unless you do a *67 in the outbound pattern.

On a Pots PEER-

Only external calls

>dial-peer voice 10 pots

>clid strip - to block only the number

>clid strip name - to block only the name

To send only caller name

telephony-service

caller-id name-only

To block caller id on a call by call basis

>telephony-service

>caller-id block code *67

According to the original poster, they are using MGCP, so any configuration under a dial peer would not be relevant. Also, they are using CUCM, so any configuration under "telephony-service" would also not be relevant as this is configuration for CME.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Guys,

I have seen this before and in our neck of the woods you have to pay $$ for full Name/Number display on PRI's. The default if you don't add the extra functionality is for the Telco provider to populate all Outgoing calls with the Corporate Name and Number. Brandon +5 points for this assessment. Royce +5 points for your good answers as well (I think you probably just missed the MGCP reference :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: